Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Getting ready for RWA conference and saying goodbye to my baby!

It's been a frenetically busy couple of weeks. My brother just got married to his beautiful sweetheart, my son heads off for college (with his younger brothers chomping at the bit to inherit his room and stereo equipment), and I'm gearing up for my first RWA conference as a published author!  It feels like I've been packing for days, and I'm pretty confident that despite my numerous lists of lists and "don't forget" reminders, I'm still going to leave something critical behind. 

My lovely editor just accepted my revisions for book #3 and my wonderfully supportive agent just reminded me that at this time last year, we hadn't even met and I was still trying to fight my way out of the slush pile!!  It's amazing what one mere year can entail. The publishing goddesses have certainly be smiling on me! I guess 13 years in the trenches has paid off, and in a big way! I can't wait to share my good fortune with all my talented Modern/Presents sisters in NYC!!

Oh, and a loud shout-out goes across the pond to the amazingly articulate and kind reviewer juliemt at Cataromance, who just posted a marvelous review of AN INCONVENIENT OBSESSION.  Being compared to Lynne Graham and Michelle Reid is going to keep me floating on air for days!

No comments:

Post a Comment